Monday, October 12, 2009

New Batch of Sauerkraut Started

I was speaking with my mom on the phone this morning and finally remembered to ask her if she likes sauerkraut. After hearing that she does I said I'd bring some along when I see her next Sunday.
There's not a lot left from the last batch I made so I ran down to the farmer's market and got three heads of cabbage to get some more going.
These cabbage heads are about 1 1/2 times the size of the last ones so I'm going to have a lot more sauerkraut when this batch gets finished.
Mom, I sure hope you do like it because I'm going to need to get rid of some!
Come to think of it, I think I'll also take some of this new sauerkraut and some pickles to the Paleo Planet gathering in Pasadena next Sunday. Snacks are always welcome there and the gang may get a kick out of home made 'kraut and pickles.

No comments: